PLEASE JOIN US
Crime Prevention Week 2008 kicks off in West Vancouver
Theme: Creating Safer Communities through Assessment, Awareness and Action
The BC Crime Prevention Association (BCCPA), in partnership with the Ministry of Public Safety and Solicitor General, invite members of the media to the official launch of Crime Prevention Week 2008.
“Preventing crime and ensuring our communities are safer is everyone’s responsibility,” says BCCPA executive director, Valerie MacLean. “Crime Prevention Week reminds us that we all have a role to play in enhancing our personal safety and the safety of our families and our neighbours.”
- West Vancouver Police Chief Constable, Kash Heed
- Kevin Begg, Assistant Deputy Minister, Policing and Community Safety Branch, Ministry of Public Safety and Solicitor General
- West Vancouver Mayor, Pamela Goldsmith‐Jones
CP Week topics include:
- Consumer safety: Park Royal Shopping Centre
- Senior’s safety: BC Hydro Power Pioneers
- Protect your belongings: Insurance Bureau of Canada
- Investment fraud: BC Securities Commission
- Cyber bullying: Ministry of Public Safety and Solicitor General
- Mass marketing fraud: Business Practices and Consumer Protection Authority
- Financial fraud : Royal Bank
Date: Wednesday, October 29
Time: 11:00 – 11:45 am
For set-up purposes, members of the media are requested to arrive and be set up by 10:45 am
Location: Park Royal Shopping Centre, 2002 Park Royal South Centre Food Court beside the Rogers Wireless kiosk, West Vancouver
A Question and Answer session is scheduled for the end of the event.
Speakers will be available for one-on-one interviews afterwards.
For more information about Crime Prevention Week and CP Week topics, please visit:
– 30 –
For more information please contact:
BC Crime Prevention Association
604-291-9959, ext. 226
The BC Crime Prevention Association is an integrated team of citizens and police, dedicated to preventing crime. We provide ongoing province-wide education and awareness through our community partnerships.