August 13, 2012
HOT RODS ROLL INTO THE VILLAGE AT PARK ROYAL
FOR 7TH ANNUAL HOT ROD SATURDAY
WEST VANCOUVER, B.C. – Back for another year, media are invited to The Village at Park Royal to experience the 7th annual Hot Rod Saturday. Presented by the BC Hot Rod Association (BCHRA) and The Village at Park Royal, this annual celebration will showcase over 150 different makes and models of Hot Rod cars, including some amazing gems worth over $250,000.
WHAT: Media are invited to the 7th annual Hot Rod Saturday at The Village
WHEN: Saturday, August 18, 2012 from 9:00 AM – 4:00 PM
WHERE: The Village at Park Royal, West Vancouver
RSVP: Please RSVP to firstname.lastname@example.org by Thursday, August 16
PHOTO / VIDEO OPPORTUNITY
- Capture photos and video footage of the hot rods and interview officials from the BCHRA about the event, the different types of hot rods, and what criteria is used to determine a winner
- **SPECIAL PHOTO OPPORTUNITY** Media are invited to observe the set up of the hot rods as they roll into The Village at 7:30 AM. Must RSVP to make arrangements ahead of time.
Hot Rod Saturday’s family-friendly activities include:
- Learn something new – Several exhibitors will be present throughout The Village to help answer any questions you may have
- Step back in time – Go back to an iconic genre of music as Tom and the Tomcats play old time Rock n’ Roll tunes
- Bring the kids – This event is sure to appeal to youngsters, especially since Home Depot will have a kids’ craft station where little ones can get creative
- Win a prize with your “Pit Pass” – Everyone who visits Hot Rod Saturday will get a Pit Pass to take around to participating retailers in The Village, collect at least four stickers, and then enter to WIN a car cleaning and polishing system prize package
- Take a break – Indulge in The Village’s many restaurants, cafes and stores where you can relax on a patio, grab a refreshing snack to-go or get some great fashion finds
- Be mesmerized – Immerse yourself in the world of Hot Rods and imagine what it would be like to have one to call your very own!
For more information, visit shopparkroyal.com/campaigns/7th-annual-hot-rod-saturday or bchra.org/hot-rod-sat.php.
About Park Royal
Home to over 280 stores and services, Park Royal and The Village at Park Royal feature 1.2 million square feet of high quality retail. Situated at the foot of the landmark Lions Gate Bridge and minutes from downtown Vancouver, Park Royal and The Village at Park Royal are at the forefront of fashion and retail in the Lower Mainland. Learn more at shopparkroyal.com.
About The BC Hot Rod Association
The British Columbia Hot Rod Association (BCHRA) was formed in 1957 by young men and women interested in unifying the rapidly increasing number of hot rod hobby enthusiasts. The aim of the organization is to promote the safe construction and use of modified motor vehicles with strict adherence to the governing law and regulations. BCHRA has gained a reputation throughout North America for leadership, preserving the history of the hobby and promoting
public awareness. Learn more at bchra.org.