Merchandising Associates (MEAs) merchandise and maintain various product sets in The Home Depot retail environment to enhance the customer experience, increase sales and maximize inventory turns.
Tasks & Responsibilities
- Organize, straighten and clean shelves, signage and products
- Build and maintain display material & signage
- Price changes/labeling
- Stocking merchandise
- Maintain positive working relationship with co-workers and provide strong customer service
Preferred Qualifications / Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Experience working in retail merchandising service industry or working directly for large scale retailer
- Basic computer skills with knowledge of web based applications
- Experience working on teams, with heavy reliance on team to accomplish goals
- Attention to Detail: Stays attentive and aware, catches errors before completing assignments, and maintains high quality standard for work
- Some Heavy lifting required; bending, kneeling, standing for extended periods of time; comfortable with ladders
- Forklift experience is an asset
Additional Internal Information :
Responsibilities and Tasks
- Plan the execution of MET special projects.
- Plan the execution of CR resets
- Report deficiencies to cross functional teams to ensure quick resolution to deficiencies.
- Capture correct hours worked on project in MOTO.
- Plan for the time and number of associates needed for project.
- Provide regular updates on project status to MEAS.
- Complete project sign off with store leadership.
- Read and interpret directions to ensure merchandise is set to the planogram, project instructions and general service guidelines.
- Straighten, clean and merchandise product to ensure merchandise is presented in a visually appealing manner.
- Organize overheads and perform focused pack-down on low stock and out of-stock products.
- Build displays and fixtures using basic hand tools.
- Maintain, order, and install display material/signage/brochures.
- Replace damaged or missing price labels.
- Follow directions and processes to conduct accurate price and label changes.
- Count and verify merchandise quantities and placement as directed.
- Utilize handheld technology devices to input and receive data and information.
- Maintain bay service records and other documentation as directed
- Maintain aisle cleanliness so that merchandise is accessible and customers are able to move throughout the aisles easily.
- Partner with store leadership to markdown all damaged or un-sellable Merchandise.
- Partner with store associates to find necessary products to fit the customer’s needs.
- Follow standard operating and safety procedures.
- Ensure beam Elevation changes are compliant to set standards.
- Complete assigned training curriculum.
- Other duties as assigned (IE PID’s, price changes
- Must meet minimum time in position requirements and Performance Management code of “V2” (Valued Associate – Well Positioned).
- Strong problem The knowledge, skills and abilities, typically acquired through the completion of a high school diploma and/or GED.
- Solving and analytical skills and the ability to work independently.
- Must enjoy interacting with customers, associates and vendors to be able to deal effectively with conflict.
- Strong organizational and time management skills and ability to manage numerous projects simultaneously.
- PC skills in Word, Excel & PowerPoint required.
- Experience in SAP – Score platform preferred.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Applicants can submit their resume directly to me: MAYSSAA_KACHAKECH1@homedepot.com or they can apply online to Homedepot.ca/jobs