Park Royal Shopping Centre Supports Crime Prevention Week
PLEASE JOIN US
Crime Prevention Week 2008 kicks off in West Vancouver
Theme: Creating Safer Communities through Assessment, Awareness and Action
The BC Crime Prevention Association (BCCPA), in partnership with the Ministry of Public Safety and Solicitor General, invite members of the media to the official launch of Crime Prevention Week 2008.
“Preventing crime and ensuring our communities are safer is everyone's responsibility,” says BCCPA executive director, Valerie MacLean. “Crime Prevention Week reminds us that we all have a role to play in enhancing our personal safety and the safety of our families and our neighbours.”
- West Vancouver Police Chief Constable, Kash Heed
- Kevin Begg, Assistant Deputy Minister, Policing and Community Safety Branch, Ministry of Public Safety and Solicitor General
- West Vancouver Mayor, Pamela Goldsmith‐Jones
CP Week topics include:
- Consumer safety: Park Royal Shopping Centre
- Senior’s safety: BC Hydro Power Pioneers
- Protect your belongings: Insurance Bureau of Canada
- Investment fraud: BC Securities Commission
- Cyber bullying: Ministry of Public Safety and Solicitor General
- Mass marketing fraud: Business Practices and Consumer Protection Authority
- Financial fraud : Royal Bank
Date: Wednesday, October 29
Time: 11:00 - 11:45 am
For set-up purposes, members of the media are requested to arrive and be set up by 10:45 am
Location: Park Royal Shopping Centre, 2002 Park Royal South Centre Food Court beside the Rogers Wireless kiosk, West Vancouver
A Question and Answer session is scheduled for the end of the event.
Speakers will be available for one-on-one interviews afterwards.
For more information about Crime Prevention Week and CP Week topics, please visit:
– 30 –
For more information please contact:
BC Crime Prevention Association
604-291-9959, ext. 226
The BC Crime Prevention Association is an integrated team of citizens and police, dedicated to preventing crime. We provide ongoing province-wide education and awareness through our community partnerships.
Dec26Visit Personally Yours for our "End of Season" Sale from December 26th - January 13th. We have great savings on a wide assortment of gifts for every one...
Dec14Date: Saturday, December 14, 1:00pm to 5:00pm Special one day offers for customers: Shop the holiday collection and Insider Picks as chosen by InStyle Magazine Receive a mystery...
Dec11Be the first to pick up the Urban Decay Naked Palette 3 before it hits the shelves on December 12th. Sephora at Park Royal is holding an exclusive pre sale event from 9pm-10pm on...